Internship Opportunities for Students
The Alliance offers opportunities throughout the year for undergraduate, graduate, and law school students to intern/volunteer. Law students have the opportunity to intern with one of our departments during the summer. This 40 hour/week, 10-week legal program offers internships in foster care Benefits, Education, Guardianship, Policy, Transition Age Youth, and Healthcare.
All other students work under the direction of staff attorneys on the following types of tasks:
- Conducting client intake interviews
- Analyzing and assessing client needs
- Working with attorneys to determine legal assistance needed
- Conducting legal research and preparing legal documents
- Attending court proceedings
- Developing resource and educational materials for clients
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Cover letter must indicate availability, i.e., hours/week with desired start/end date
- Cover letter may indicate any specific program interests, e.g., Adoptions, Benefits, Guardianship, Transitioning Youth, Health Care or Education
- All positions are unpaid and occur during normal business hours (9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. M-F)
- Summer internships are full time and competitive. No split schedules considered.
- All other opportunities require an 80 hour commitment with a minimum of 8 hours per week in 4+ hour blocks
- Spanish proficiency preferred